Dana R. Fisher’s work on the Resistance has been profiled in the Washington Post, New York Magazine, Wired, she has discussed it on Morning Joe and on CNN. In addition, she has written about it in the Monkey Cage at the Washington Post and the American Prospect. It has also been featured in media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, Time Magazine, The Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Science Magazine, and on various programs on National Public Radio and BBC Radio. Her research studying protest was featured in “The Collectors: Political Action,” a documentary short by FiveThirtyEight and ESPN Films.
Selected coverage of American Resistance in chronological order by year (for a more complete list, go to the media section of Professor Fisher’s personal Website):
- 2 years into the Trump era, the Women’s March weighs its future, Yahoo News, 1/14/19
- Democratic National Committee out as Women’s March sponsor amid anti-Semitism controversy, USA Today, 1/15/19
- The Women’s March is evolving, but its enemies are the same, CNN Digital, 1/17/19
- The Women’s March in Year 3: Can the movement overcome a year of controversy and division? Washington Post, 1/17/19
- Women’s March 2019: Activists press on for Saturday protest despite stiff headwinds, USA Today, 1/18/19
- Tracking Resistance Shows Movement’s Growth, Morning Joe, 1/22/18
- What Data Teaches Us About the Resistance, The Takeaway, 1/22/18
- Why the Resistance is More Important than Ever, Thom Hartmann Show, 1/23/18
- How the Movement is Growing By the Numbers, 50 States of Blue, 1/24/18
- American Resistance, The Politics Guys Podcast, 1/24/18
- Activism (with Dr. Dana Fisher), Pantsuit Politics Show, 1/26/18
- Florida School Shooting: Where do US protests go from here? BBC, 2/24/18
- Breaking Down the Numbers of March for Our Lives, Morning Joe, 3/26/18
- Here’s who actually attended the March for Our Lives. (No, it wasn’t mostly young people), Washington Post, 3/28/18
- Despite media narrative, study says teenagers made up just 10 percent of March for Our Lives crowd, Fox News, 3/28/18
- Democrats hope March for Our Lives protests fuel momentum for 2018 midterms, discussion of Fisher’s work by Steve Kornacki, MSNBC, 3/30/18
- Teens started March for Our Lives, but all ages participated, Vox, 3/30/18
- Activism and #MarchforOurLives Data with Dr. Dana Fisher, Pantsuit Politics Show, 4/3/18
- If Trump Fires Mueller, the Protests Will Be Crazier Than You Think, Vice, 4/24/18
- Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular, Seattle Times/ AP, 5/26/18
- Who came out in the brutal heat to the ‘Families Belong Together’ march? Here’s our data, Washington Post, 7/3/18
- Will Scientists Gear Up for Activism in the Age of Trump? The American Prospect, 7/13/18
- Here’s why the protests against Kavanaugh (and the Trump administration) won’t go away, Washington Post, 10/6/18
- Women’s Marches Take to the Polls, Wall Street Journal, 10/28/18
- The Climate Activists Who Got Arrested at Nancy Pelosi’s Office are Just Getting Started, Vice, 11/23/18
- The Women’s March rolls out a political platform before its third Washington rally, Washington Post, 12/14/18
- Chicago nixes next Women’s March amid growing rift over anti-Semitism claims against national group, Chicago Tribune, 12/25/18
- POTUS 2017 with Brian Lehrer, 31 August 2017.
- American Sociological Association Podcast, 13 October 2017.
- Year One: Resistance Research, New York Review of Books Daily, 9 November 2017.
- What football? Some see Super Bowl week as way of getting message out, Star Tribune, 8 December 2017.
- One year of Trump, The World Weekly, 21 December 2017.
- Looking Back on a Year Resisting Trump, Think Progress, 21 December 2017.