The following talks on the American Resistance are upcoming:
- March 2019 – “Understanding Persistence in the Resistance,” Meeting of the Eastern Sociological Society (ESS). Boston, MA.
- August 2019 – “How the Women’s March Sparked the Resistance?” on an invited Thematic panel on New Social Movements at the meeting of the American Sociological Association, NY, NY.
- August 2019 – “Persistence in the Resistance” on an invited thematic panel on Resistance in The Trump Era: Defending Institutions and Advancing Social Justice at the meeting of the American Sociological Association, NY, NY.
- 6 October 2017 – “American Resistance,” Department of Politics, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland. 10-12, 2 University Gardens, Room 208.
- 11 October 2017 – “Science Activism in the American Resistance,” Semi-Plenary talk at the Lund Conference on Earth System Governance, Lund, Sweden. 9-10:30 Palaestra Övre.
- Video of the presentation via Future Earth
- 17 January 2018- “Generations Discussion on What Drives People to Stand Up,” Arab American Institute
- 2 February 2018 – “Climate of Resistance,” Institute at Brown for Environment and Society, Brown University.
- 9 March 2018 – Panel Discussion on activism in the age of Resistance, The Girls’ Lounge at SXSW, Austin, Texas.
- Video of part of my panel about the 2018 elections on YouTube
- 19 March 2018 – “Successful Protests: What Makes a Movement,” League of Women Voters, Montgomery County, Maryland.
- 5 April 2018 – “American Resistance,” University of Chicago, 5-6:30, Social Sciences 401
- 25 April 2018 – “American Resistance,” Sociology Seminar at Boston College–RESCHEDULED from March 14 due to winter storm Skylar.
- 8 July 2018-Plenary Speaker on “The Science of Marching for Science: Leveraging scholarship to inform science advocacy and education strategies” panel at the inaugural S|GNS Summit (Science | Government, Institutions & Society), 9am, Hilton, Chicago. Video of talk available here.
- 14 August 2018-“Science and Politics from Obama to Trump,” American Sociological Association, 10:30-12:10pm, Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, Franklin Hall 4
- 31 August 2018 – “Why Are We Here? Intersectionality Across the Resistance” Theme Panel on Intersectionality and Political Mobilization, American Political Science Association, Hynes 300, 12-1:30, Boston.
- 24 September 2018 – Symposium on Studying Protest in An Age of Resistance. University of Maryland, STAMP, 3-5pm.